General Business - Channel Sales Executive Job
Keyskills:Sales Executive, Channel Sales Executive, Sales,
1 week ago
General Business - Channel Sales Executive Job
Date: Jul 24, 2018
City: Mumbai, MH, IN
Requisition ID: 189544
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 60%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The Channel Sales Executive for SAP Business One & SAP Business ByDesign is responsible for the revenue for a set of partners and/or an assigned territory. The results will be measured against defined KPI’s, such as VAR Growth, New Names acquisition from the channel, % of channel participation, Innovation adoption and others. The Channel Sales manager works with the B1 and BYD partners and SAP extended team (Inside Sales, Marketing…) to realize the goals. The role reports to the Head of SAP Business one and SAP Byd (India)
The Channel Sales Executive is responsible for building a business in given geography, solution, and/or industry. Their task is to conduct market opportunity analysis, partner profiling and identification. With regards to partners coverage, partner economic business case, business planning (marketing and business development with partners), and revenue attainment through partners (including forecast, pipeline, and deal management) are major KPIs for a Channel Sales Executive
- Channel Management- Support the Channel to maintain a strong Growth
- Support Channel to drive sales for the B1 & ByD channels and work closely with the in- country resources and market unit colleagues
- Help Channel Partners manage SAP sales process and achieve own budget as well as help Channel Partners achieve committed Business Plans
- Articulate Understanding of Channel Business from a partner perspective and advise Channel Partners on strategies for Partner Profitability
- Build up programs to support channel partners in growing their overall business (New / Existing license revenue, Net New Names…)
- Ensure the Channel Partners business objectives are met- i.e 100% revenue achievement, software revenue recognition within SAP guidelines, annual growth targets, etc
- Gets involved into transactional sales support in key deals and supports Partner in all deal closing activities
- Coaches partner sales reps to interact with prospects in SW in order to position the value of the respective SW or industry solution. Ensures high conversion rate from pipeline to deal closure.
- Provides forecast by partners with regards to his solution / industry specialization to the country and regional sales management. Ensures forecast and pipeline accuracy
- Channel Recruitment – Grow Channel through Partner Ecosystem & New Routes to Market
- Identifies potential partners to recruit to meet capacity requirements in collaboration with respective Channel Recruiting expert. Builds business case to present partner value proposition (including economic value prop)
- Drive Territory/Partner Mapping to identify and Target White Spaces
- Drive Channel Partner capacity, partners in pipeline & channel resources.
- Build new channels / new routes to market (OEM & PMC)
- Channel Enablement
- Prepare & Manage a comprehensive Channel Development & Enablement strategy
- Leverage Hub resources & APJ/Global Enablement Programs to develop Partner Sales & Implementation Capability
- Partner competency plan to ensure partner resources are trained on the latest solution and sales content,
- Partner resource utilization plan so partners have full access to and are utilizing SAP tools and methodologies
- presales coaching plan for existing and new partners
- Close cooperation with Marketing and other teams (e.g. development)
- Coordinates solution / industry specialized demand generation activities in coordination with partners to ensure solid pipeline around his area of specialization
- Works with Partners to prospect new companies as potential customers around his area of solution specialization / industry focus
- Drive demand generation for partners
- Align annual marketing plan with marketing teams for the managed set of partners
- Align & Cooperate with Inside Sales to increase revenue performance through ISE
- Establish communication lines with other SAP departments when needed
KEY EXTERNAL & INTERNAL CONTACTS
- Global, Regional & Country SME Leads
- Country & Hub Marketing
- Country & Hub Commercial Sales
- Minimum 10 years relevant Business experience
- Experience of working in a Channel business organization
- Experience of working with SME as target market
- Experience in running programs for channel partners in a country/regional role will be advantageous
- Knowledge of the SAP Portfolio & Business One or Business ByDesign is a key advantage for this role
Key Desired SAP Competencies
- Goal-driven, ability to work to strict deadlines
- Achievement-oriented, sales-driven mindset; strong desire to succeed
- Analytical thinker who works logically to resolve problems and address opportunities.
- Strong team player who can work collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
- Running programs in a similar market segment/product portfolio
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- High levels of energy, drive, resilience, intelligence and integrity.
Education & Training
- Degree or Post-Graduate Degree in Business / Sales/ Marketing
- Team collaboration experience
- English & Hindi language skills
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP\'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team
IT Software & Software Services
UG: Any Specialization,
PG: Any Specialization,
Recruiter Name: Hr