SAP Linux Admin - (P&I Area/ S4HANA Cloud Delivery) Job
Date: Aug 9, 2018
City: Bangalore, KA, IN
Requisition ID: 186164
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Graduate
Employment Type: Limited Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The S/4HANA Cloud Delivery department – as part of the P&I organization - is responsible for the complete life cycle management (planning, production, and operations) of SAP’s S/4HANA Cloud Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions.
The S/4HANA Cloud Delivery department drives and executes all required activities based on an end-to-end approach and facilitates all functions from development engagement to design, production, and service of our productive customer landscapes.
We are looking to fill the position of a SAP Landscape Expert – Linux/Unix Administrator within the S/4HANA Cloud Delivery department in Bangalore.
As a member of this team you will be responsible for system and landscape operations and you will be dealing with the newest SAP Cloud Technologies, e.g. HANA and Fiori. The S/4HANA Cloud Delivery team is located in Germany, India and Hungary.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor, Master or equivalent graduate with experience in UNIX/Linux (SUSE/RHEL) administration
• Ability to quickly analyze and troubleshoot technical problems
• Understanding of server and application performance tuning
• Expertise in monitoring and maintenance tools, e.g. Nagios
• Good understanding ofNAS on an OS perspective (e.g. iSCSI, SCSI, FC, HBA, LUN, WWNN, WWPN)
• Good understanding of cloud technologies and related processes
• Team player in an international set-up with interfaces to many teams
• Service and customer oriented, self-motivated and pro-active working attitude
• Like working in fast changing environments, acquiring and sharing knowledge and improving processes
• Know-how of server virtualization and networking is an added advantage
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Fluent in English (oral and written)
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Responsibility for Linux system administration, natively as well as in virtualized environments
• Diagnosis and troubleshooting of issues in the area of Linux OS
• Server installation and configuration
• Package-, patch- and update management with zypper, rpm and yum
• Usage of LVM concepts as well as native multi-path and power path
• Development and maintenance of scripts for automation (shell, perl, python)
• Performance tuning on OS level
• Monitoring of productively used servers and systems
WILLINGNESS TO WORK IN SHIFTS: 24/7 COVERAGE
0-3 years relevant Linux admin experience
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP\'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team